5 Delicious 100 Calorie Recipes
It’s that time of the day again. You had your 12 ‘o clock lunch and now you have the case of the munchies. You are going through a menu list in your head of what you can snack on to hold you through dinner. A donut, chocolate chip cookie, ice cream bar, chips, or brownie are filled with high fat, calories, and cholesterol and will totally defeat the purpose of that salad you just had, so what’s left? How can you possibly enjoy a guilt-free satisfying snack that keeps you feeling full and is also high in the proper nutrients you need to carry you through the day? Here are 5 healthy 100 calorie homemade recipe snacks that you can enjoy without feeling the need to skip dinner.
1. Avocado-Yogurt Dip with Cumin: If you love Guacamole, this dish is for you. The added yogurt makes this recipe a healthier alternative. You’ll get a ton of nutrients from the dairy while feeling satisfied with the creamy texture. The avocado helps you feel fuller longer with its heart-healthy fats. Packed with vitamins (like B&C), dietary fiber, and monounsaturated fats, avocados are a great superfood to help lower cholesterol. Serve with freshly cut vegetables for dipping.
2. Raspberry Frozen Yogurt: Have a craving for a frozen treat? Forget about those high-fat, high-calorie ice cream chocolate bars in your refrigerator and choose this tasty light frozen treat instead. When it comes to antioxidants, raspberries are loaded with them, not to mention tasty. The calcium and protein you’ll get from this sweet treat will keep you feeling strong and healthy.
3. Barbecue Pizza Bites: This flavorful pizza will be a smash hit in your household. It’s all about portion size when it comes to eating healthy so this dish can be used as a quick meal fix, sliced into larger wedges. If you prefer to just have it as a snack, slice it into smaller pieces for a healthy balance of protein, carbs, and fat.
4. Chunky Tomato-Fruit Gazpacho: They say you eat with your eyes first. With this colorful dish, your taste buds will be having a party. Sweet, savory, and fresh, this gazpacho makes a healthy snack when the mangos, melons, nectarines, and cucumber all come together.
5. Spicy Oatmeal Crisps: When you can’t deny your urge for something sweet, there’s no reason to resist with these oatmeal cookies. You’ll get the health benefits of whole grains and fiber plus all the spices that carry antioxidants such as cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and nutmeg.